I finally had an opportunity to make some bread and butter pickles out of my Mexican Sour Gerhkin harvest.
I used a recipe that I found on pintrest and made a few alterations. For starters, I had to double the recipe for the amount of cucumbers I harvested. Due to availability, I could not get ahold of mustard seeds so I used ground mustard instead. I also did not submerge the jars into water to seal them.
The brine itself smelled so very yummy while it was simmering. Very aromatic! Since I did not want to locate, unbury, and clean the large canning pot I had to go with a refrigerator pickling method. After the brine was ready to come off the heat, I allowed it to cool.
After the brine was cooled it was time to fill and close the jars. 3 jars in total for this harvest and more are still growing.