The family and I were out and about window shopping/grocery shopping over the weekend and we came across this cool Pokemon build kits. After much debate I decided to that Dragonite was the best choice.
I’ve build a few different kinds of model kits but never one from Nanoblocks. Judging from the outside it does not look like something that is going to be overly difficult, maybe mildly annoying. So I ripped the top and dumped the packaged contents onto my work space.
Its a little sparse on words for directions. The few words that are in the instructions are in Japanese but the pictures are done very well. So this should be relatively easy to follow. The package of parts how ever will require some sorting. I find that sorting everything out may seem like an extra step but, it is very helpful in just grabbing the pieces as you need them instead of hunting for them.
For the extra small pieces I used my empty diamond puzzle trays to help keep them organized. The larger pieces I sorted out on my table. This step was probably the most crucial piece of prep work in the assembly of Dragonite. Having all the pieces out and organized was one less thing I had to concentrate on while trying to decipher the pictures for assembly.
2 afternoons of work later I had managed to build all the individual ‘main’ pieces. The head, the body, and both wings. All that is left to do is figure out how they all attach to each other. This step was the most difficult because the few words that were in Japanese are the ones that help tell you how to hold the pieces in order to find the right places to connect.
Dragonite is finally completed! Its about the same size as my Triceratops model. Overall it was a pretty alright kit. It had enough challenge in it to keep me intrigued but it wasn’t heavily dependent on translating the Japanese words to get the model completed. I definitely would like to purchase more of these kits in the future and have a bunch of pokemon built!